NSW is set to exceed last year’s total case numbers of the infectious disease within the first four months of 2025.
NSW Health said anyone transiting through Sydney’s international and domestic airports on January 17 should watch for measles symptoms for at least another 10 days.
Brisbane’s Metro Health Services issued an emergency alert after a man was infectious in the city’s southern and central suburbs from December 12 to 16.
A two-year-old boy has tested positive for measles,with Queensland Health warning residents the child was infectious in Brisbane’s northern suburbs since December 9.
Brisbane residents are warned to monitor symptoms after someone with measles visited several sites in the past week.
There have been 35 reported cases of measles in 2024 so far,compared with 26 last year. Experts blame international outbreaks and declining vaccination rates.
NSW Health said the woman contracted the disease at the start of March,before shopping in Kmart and the Mega Centre in Blacktown.
The infant returned to Sydney from south-east Asia on a flight on March 2,before being hospitalised days later,NSW Health says.
Queensland Health has urged anyone who attended any of the sites visited by the infectious man over 11 days to come forward.
A baby infected with measles has sparked a health alert after going to a Wiggles concert as well as numerous other venues in the area.